nfs send error 32

Konrad Heuer kheuer2 at gwdg.de
Tue May 17 04:19:31 PDT 2005

Hi all,

I've an NFS-mounted filesystem (server runs deadrat linux) on a lot of my
FreeBSD systems (4.11R), mount options are
"bg,rw,intr,-T,-r32768,-w32768". Using TCP and 32k buffers does enhance
performance notably.

But I've a couple of error messages in /var/log/messages of my clients
each day like:

date client /kernel: nfs send error 32 for server deadrat:/fs

When looking into /usr/src/sys/nfs/nfsproto.h, I don't find anything about
error code 32.

Any idea or explanation would be very very welcome!

BTW: NFS server has to run deadrat linux, and more nfs file systems have
to be mounted in future from the same or similar machines.

Thanks

Konrad Heuer
GWDG, Am Fassberg, 37077 Goettingen, Germany, kheuer2 at gwdg.de