The availability of socketbits.h?

Dan Nelson dnelson at allantgroup.com
Mon May 16 21:35:54 PDT 2005

In the last episode (May 17), Xu Qiang said:
> I am compiling NNGS (No Name Go Server) code in my FreeBSD 5.3
> machine. Yet, I came across the following error:
> gcc -traditional-cpp -Wall -DFREEBSD -c network.c
> network.c:23: socketbits.h: No such file or directory
> gmake: *** [network.o] Error 1
>
> I have searched for this file in my system, but can't find it.
>
> To have it present, which software must I install?

That is a Linux internal header that programs should not be including
directly.  What version of nngs are you trying to compile?  I
downloaded nngs-1.1.16 from http://sourceforge.net/projects/nngs/ and
line 23 of src/network.c is a blank line:

   20 #ifdef HAVE_CONFIG_H
   21 #include <config.h>
   22 #endif
   23