tetex, latex, dvips

Florian Hengstberger e0025265 at student.tuwien.ac.at
Mon May 16 14:31:18 PDT 2005

A tex live-cd? I wonder why this should be preferable to a port.
Anyway what's wrong with the latex port.
Is this port still maintained, I've read that tetex will be the
standard tex port in future.
But how to go the standard latex, xdvi, dvips way without
dvips?
Finally what about latex3e if the've finished their work??

Thanks Florian