X-terminal Issues.

pete wright nomadlogic at gmail.com
Mon May 16 10:06:36 PDT 2005

On 5/16/05, Ben Forson <forben76 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello ,
>   My name is Ben and I use FreeBSD v5.0. The problem
> is , I can't get my X-term to work.Whenever I StartX
> I get an error message stating ,XF86Config file fail
> to open.I have checked my video card details over and
> over again and still get the same results.
> I've de-installed and re-installed the software ,but
> no improvement.Every other thing works fine except
> any application that requires some form of graphics
> and I get this same error message.

what is the error message, you should probably post it to the list.
from what you have said it looks like either the user that is starting
X does not have permission to read the X config file or it does not
exist.  I would read the section on configuring X in the freebsd
handbook which is available online at the freebsd.org website.  if you
are still having problems getting it to work i would post detailed
error messages to the list.

> WHAT SHOULD I DO ?.
(no need to scream, we are here to help ;)

-p
--
~~o0OO0o~~
Pete Wright