How to use snapshots

Tony Shadwick tshadwick at goinet.com
Mon May 16 07:13:27 PDT 2005

(FYI: 5.3 -> 5.4 is the first time I haven't just backed up my home
directory, wiped the system, and installed the new system, so take what I
say with a grain of salt)

I don't think you use snapshots to update your system.  You can either do
a binary upgrade using an ISO image, or do a src upgrade, the latter of
which you would change your supfile for cvsup to be tag=RELENG_5_4.  Run
cvsup, then go through the 'make world' procedure in the handbook.

Feel free to correct me anyone. :)

Tony