Creative Sound Blaster Audigy LS

Luca Micali luca.micali at gmail.com
Mon May 16 04:04:17 PDT 2005

On 5/16/05, Fafa Hafiz Krantz <fteg at london.com> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I've compiled "device sound" into my kernel, yet my Creative
> Sound Blaster Audigy LS isn't detected at boot-up.
>
> I take it that I do not need loader.conf settings if I already
> have sound compiled into my kernel?

in 5.4...

lmicali at to1fsce002$ man -k emu10k
snd_emu10k1(4)           - SoundBlaster Live! and Audigy PCI bridge
device driver
lmicali at to1fsce002$ man snd_emu10k1
SND_EMU10K1(4)         FreeBSD Kernel Interfaces Manual         SND_EMU10K1(4)

NAME
     snd_emu10k1 -- SoundBlaster Live! and Audigy PCI bridge device driver

SYNOPSIS
     device sound
     device "snd_emu10k1"

DESCRIPTION
     The snd_emu10k1 bridge driver allows the generic audio driver sound(4) to
     attach to the SoundBlaster Live! and Audigy audio cards.

     Digital output is supported by default.

HARDWARE
     The snd_emu10k1 driver supports the following soundcards:

     o   Creative SoundBlaster Live! (EMU10K1 Chipset)
     o   Creative SoundBlaster Audigy (EMU10K2 Chipset)

SEE ALSO
     sound(4)

HISTORY
     The snd_emu10k1 manual page first appeared in FreeBSD 5.3.

AUTHORS
     David O'Brien <obrien at FreeBSD.org>
     Orlando Bassotto <orlando.bassotto at ieo-research.it>
     Cameron Grant <cg at FreeBSD.org>

BUGS
     Fancy features like DD5.1 output are not supported.

FreeBSD 5.4                     August 27, 2004                    FreeBSD 5.4

eventually, in loader.conf add the line:

snd_emu10k1_load="YES"

hope it's helpful,
Luca Micali