Proliant 1600 with 2 CPUs

Turker Dundar tdundar at cremis.net
Sun May 15 22:40:21 PDT 2005

Hi,

I am trying to create a new kernel to use both the cpus installed in my
Proliant 1600 system. The machine can see both the cpus when it starts
up, but kernel fails to do so.

I am using 5.4-Release. In the kernel configuration file I have this
parameter defined already.

options  SMP

Kernel compiles with no errors. However, after the boot dmesg shows only
cpu0. additional cpu is not listed.

I tried options like NCPU=2 or APIC_IO. They are rejected as being
invlaid options.

Could you please tell me how I can make a new kernel to run with
multiple cpus.

I am posting this email because I could not find any document to help me
further.

Many thanks,
Turker Dundar