5.4 install disc1 will not find hard drive

Eric Schuele e.schuele at computer.org
Sun May 15 19:00:45 PDT 2005

> I don't have any more pull getting PR's worked on, but I have found
> that if they are properly filed then they get worked on faster.  For
> example,
> the PR system isn't an appropriate place for complaining that a mirror
> site
> is missing miniinst.iso file - you should contact the mirror
> administrator

FWIW:
There is no miniinst.  I'm pretty sure they intend it to be so.  I've
been hearing talk for many months regarding the changes in disc ISOs.
I'm sure its documented somewhere (though I could not find it). You
could search the archives.

At least you can start with the release announcement...
   http://www.freebsd.org/releases/5.4R/announce.html
At the bottom it shows they produced no mini installation. (as evidenced
by the MD5s)

--
Regards,
Eric