BIND and NAT

Joe Wood dot.sn1tch at gmail.com
Sun May 15 15:03:25 PDT 2005

Hello all,

I have a small question regarding a DNS issue I am having. I have a bsd box
setup for a domain I am hosting..it has FBSD 5.3 and Bind 9.3. It sits
behind a NAT device and is in a DMZ. The problem is when I setup the domain
I told it to point to the public ip which is translated to the private IP on
which DNS listens. Now when I try to go to the site it keeps trying to
connect to the private IP the site is on instead of the correct public ip.
Is this an issue with the DNS files being setup for the private network or
should it matter? Thanks for any help.

joe