sysinstall "Unable to find device node..."

Juan Flores johnnyrf at hotmail.com
Sat May 14 15:16:52 PDT 2005

Hello:

I am sorry to bother you. But I was wondering if you found a solution
to your problem at the following site:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2004-March/
042082.html

"Unable to find device node for /dev/ad0s1b in /dev!"

I am having the same problem with  FreeBSD 5.4  and 5.3.

PIII 800 Mhz  40Gb HD 256Ram . cant seem to solve.  However 5.4 loads
fine under Virtual PC on my Mac.

when I set the geometry to the BIOS specs Install tells me Geometry not
correct and doesnt accept.   Sysinstall also states do not use physical
geometry, but when physical geometry is used  it is accepted.

If you have any info it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

JRF