Intel High Definition Audio

Andy Miller andy at trit.org
Sat May 14 14:56:02 PDT 2005

I recently purchased a new computer that came with the new Intel High
Definition Audio integrated sound.  I can't seem to get the audio working.
I tried snd_ich since it looks like this chipset is ICH6, but this did not
work for me.  Below is the output of pciconf for this device:

none1 at pci0:27:0:        class=0x040300 card=0x4037107b chip=0x26688086 rev=0x03 hdr=0x00
    vendor   = 'Intel Corporation'
    device   = '82801FB/FR/FW/FRW Intel High Deficition Audio Controller'
    class    = multimedia

Is there any support for this device in FreeBSD yet, or is anyone developing
support for this?  Any guidence will be greatly appreciated.

--
Andy Miller