write failed filesystem full on fresh install of 5.4

Ross Adams Lippert ripper at MIT.EDU
Sat May 14 14:30:22 PDT 2005

I'm sorry I was not more specific.

/var has 256MB
/tmp has 256
/ has 256
/usr has 4500MB
newfs had been run on everything.

ftp was passive.

Since base is about 46MB of material, it seems it could put it anywhere.

This occurs 3% of the way into the extration of base into / via
ftp.  I did burn a CD and install off of that in the end and the
problem went away.

-r