Long-standing sound driver issues

Lowell Gilbert freebsd-questions-local at be-well.ilk.org
Sat May 14 06:30:30 PDT 2005

Doug Lee <dgl at dlee.org> writes:

> I'll try this on FreeBSD-Questions first, then FreeBSD-Stable if I
> don't get an answer here; not sure which is best.  I run
> FreeBSD-Stable (4.10) with two sound cards:  a SoundBlaster AWE64 and
> a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz.  I use two because I can't get full duplex
> with one.

No, you are *not* running -STABLE.  -STABLE move past 4.10 a year ago,
and these days the stable branch isn't even on RELENG_4 (it's
RELENG_5).  I believe that there has been a fair amount of work on the
sound subsystem in the last year, so updating your system may help
you, and will certainly help other people to give relevant advice.