monitoring and alerting software ????

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Sat May 14 04:37:36 PDT 2005

Ed Stover wrote:
[ ... ]
> I know some people that run big brother and are satisfied by it.
> http://www.bb4.org/

I would second this recommendation.  Big brother is relatively simple to
configure, although it is by design more of a monitoring tool, and is less
active about responding to changes, although it does support lots and lots of
types of notifications.

BB is also not open source, although the source code is available and you are
welcome to use it for yourself or your business for free.  But they want you to
buy a license if you sell BB's monitoring to other people-- ie, an ISP and
clients...

--
-Chuck