incoming mail access issue

Paul Keyes paul_s_keyes at yahoo.ca
Fri May 13 20:39:09 PDT 2005

Hi, Thanks for the questions.  I am using Sendmail as
an MTA:

> *) is your mailserver a public service or a local
> one ?

I can't figure out how to configure this.  How do I do
it?
I've tried modifying my /etc/mail/hostname.mc and
running:
make
make install
make restart

...but I can't find clear documentation that addresses
my problem (I can only send mail from one outside
address)

> *) are you sending those email locally or from
> another machine on the
> internet ?

>From the elsewhere on the internet.  Sending mail
locally works fine.

> *) did you look at the logfiles ? e.g.
> /var/log/maillog

Yes.  I don't know how to read it though.  There
doesn't appear to be any 'errors' or explanations as
to why mail isn't being delivered.

> *) what does the command "mailq" show ?

/var/spool/mqueue is empty
                Total requests: 0