Problem with wireless USB keyboard/mouse combo

Matt Navarre mnavarre at cox.net
Fri May 13 18:47:23 PDT 2005

On Friday 13 May 2005 11:19 am, Lowell Gilbert wrote:
> Matt Navarre <mnavarre at cox.net> writes:
> > This is with FreeBSD 4.11-RELEASE with no atkbd or psm drivers in the
> > kernel and a SiS 5571 USB controller.
> >
> > Anybody have any idea how to get this working, or have a
> > recommendation for a USB keyboard/mouse combo that will work with
> > freeBSD and a KVM switch?
>
> Definitely try FreeBSD 5.4.  4.x is definitively support for legacy
> installations at this point, and the last year or two's work on USB
> improvements has (pretty much entirely) been on 5.x.

Yeah, that's what I thought. I've got an old PII box running 5.3, so I'll give
the keyboard/mouse a try on that and see if it works.

If it does I guess I get to figure out how to upgrade my workstation to 5.4...

Thanks,
Matt

--
but transforming oneself into a helicopter of fists certainly has its appeal
as well. --Jonah Goldberg