video card

crzdgns1 at starpower.net crzdgns1 at starpower.net
Fri May 13 15:27:56 PDT 2005

Hello All,

Is there are better driver for my video card than the
standard, generic vga0 driver?  My video card is a Diamond
Viper v550 vidoe card which uses the nVidia Riva TNT chip.
The card uses the AGP interface and has 8 MB of SDRAM.  The
rest of the important parts of my system are as follows.  The
chip is a Pentium II Celeron at 330 MHz with 450 MB RAM.  I am
using FreddBSD-5.3-RELEASE.  My video card works, but
sometimes renders slowly and when the processor is busy, I get
ghosts, for lack of a better phrase.  Scrolling is very slow.
 I have already checked the configuration file for X and
everything seems to be in order, as far as refresh rates,
resolution, etc.
I am grateful for any help.

Thanks,

Mark