about FreeBSD 4.11

Kevin Kinsey kdk at daleco.biz
Fri May 13 14:55:53 PDT 2005

Marko Bukovinsky wrote:

>When its runs ask me for login and password and i dont know them.
>What to type for login and password?

Well, without sounding too "mean" or "antagonistic", have you
tried your login account name and the corresponding password?

Is it *your* computer?  When FreeBSD was installed, it asked the
installer (you) a couple of questions.  One was something like
"would you like to add any additional user accounts to the system"?

At that point, you should have set up an account and password
for yourself.

The next screen would probably have said something like, "Now it's
time to set the root user's password."

So that user's login name is "root", and the password is whatever you
set the password to at that point of the installation.

If you didn't set a password for root, then shame on you!*  Please
do so immediately after logging in.

>And i have on second hard disk windows operating system.
>How to swich between them( from FreeBSD to windows and windows to FreeBSD )?

Well, during the install you were probably asked if you wanted
to "install the FreeBSD boot manager".  If you did, a screen will
have something like this:

F1 FreeBSD
F5 Drive 1

So you'd press F! for FreeBSD and F5 for Windows.

HTH,

Kevin Kinsey

*In good fun, and seriously, also....