cvsup for ports-dupfile

Lowell Gilbert freebsd-questions-local at be-well.ilk.org
Fri May 13 10:40:42 PDT 2005

mojo fms <fbsdlilly at gmail.com> writes:

> I was wondering if there is a setting in there under the tag like you
> have for the standard-supfile to where its set for 5.4? Or do you just
> keep it up-to-date with the current releases everyday?

I can't parse the question, but the list of supported tags for the
source tree is in the "CVS Tags" appendix of the FreeBSD Handbook.

The ports tree uses tags only to checkpoint the versions that go with
specific releases.  If you are updating your ports tree for personal
use, you just want to use the head of the tree. ("tag=.")