4.9-RELEASE Xorg switch question

ravi gadfly at exitleft.org
Thu May 12 14:04:32 PDT 2005

On 05/07/05 11:12, Lowell Gilbert wrote:
> ravi <gadfly at exitleft.org> writes:
>
>> thanks for the response. greatly appreciated -- i was afraid my post
>> would be buried by the archive copyright debate ;-).
>
> I'm not even reading it.  I'm sure I'm not the only one.  Good
> software for reading mail groups is important if you're going to try
> to follow lists like this...

oh definitely. i wasn't reading it either, but was afraid what other
readers where seeing...

> Hmm.  Are you sure that you deleted the imake ports before building
> X.Org?  You shouldn't have stale imake dependencies from X.Org  if you
> rebuilt both.  And the stale dependencies from other X ports should
> get fixed up by pkgdb -F (which *will* require you to redirect the
> dependencies, of course).

w.r.t your last point, are you saying then that i have to:

pkgdb ... -s /imake-4.../imake-6.../
pkgdb ... -s /XFree86-libraries-.../xorg-libraries-.../
etc

or run 'pkgdb -F' and delete all the stale dependencies? (which i am
guessing is a bad thing to do).

thank you,

	--ravi