Netgroups and LDAP?

Ben Hockenhull benh at jpj.net
Thu May 12 13:59:33 PDT 2005

I'm setting up a couple of servers that will check authentication against
an LDAP server, and so far, things are going well.  I have pam and nss_ldap
and all of that functioning, but I'm trying to figure out netgroups.

I only want certain (large, broad) groups of people to be able to login to
a given server, and I believe I'm looking to implement netgroups to do
that, but I haven't been able to find any documentation on how to do that
with FreeBSD.

Any pointers (to config examples, ldif-format schemas that incorporate
netgroups, etc) or other ideas would be greatly appreciated.  If there's
another way to limit logins via LDAP, I'd be interested in hearing about
that, too.

Thanks

Ben