Big delay on login: What's wrong?

Wayne Davison wayned at users.sourceforge.net
Thu May 12 09:45:45 PDT 2005

On Thu, May 12, 2005 at 09:35:11AM -0500, Fafa Hafiz Krantz wrote:
> I used to run tcsh before this.
> No delay there, which brings me back to zsh.

If you haven't tried it in a while, be sure to re-test to make sure that
something didn't change recently.  I ran into an ident delay a while
back, and fixed it by opening a hole in my firewall to a machine on my
local network, even though it wasn't running identd -- that made the
reverse ident attempt immediately fail (with a connection refused)
instead of hanging for a bit, waiting to timeout.

..wayne..