incoming mail access issue

albi at scii.nl albi at scii.nl
Thu May 12 09:23:22 PDT 2005

On Thu, 12 May 2005 12:13:13 -0400 (EDT)
Paul Keyes <paul_s_keyes at yahoo.ca> wrote:

>   I'm running FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE.  I have qpopper
> installed and working for pop mail but the problem is
> that no matter what account on the system I'm sending
> mail to, the only messages that actually get through
> are from one specific email address, all others seem
> to be rejected.  Can anyone point me in the right
> direction to solving this problem?

qpopper is a pop-daemon making it possible to fetch emails from a
machine

your problem sounds more like a problem with the MTA, sendmail, postfix,
qmail, exim or whatever you are using

*) is your mailserver a public service or a local one ?
*) are you sending those email locally or from another machine on the
internet ?
*) did you look at the logfiles ? e.g. /var/log/maillog
*) what does the command "mailq" show ?