Sound card support

Ionel ramone0 at excite.com
Thu May 12 00:06:13 PDT 2005

Hello,
I have an Yamaha OPL3SA2 sound card, isa-pnp.
I had last year installed FreeBSD 5.2.1, and my sound card was supported, I had to add "device pcm" in the kernel configuration file.
Now I installed FreeBSD 5.4, and I can't make my sound card to work.
"device pcm" is unrecognised, "device sound" doesn't see my card,
and Opl3sa2 is not on the hardware list.
Question:
Is there a way by which I can make my sound card work, or should I revert to FreeBSD 5.2.1 ?
In this second case... are the FreeBSD ports packages still kept on the ftp sites ?