Some strange USB issues ...

Fafa Hafiz Krantz fteg at london.com
Wed May 11 11:24:22 PDT 2005

Hey!

I have two problems, here on my FreeBSD 5.4-STABLE.

1) My USB keyboard:

   I have a wireless HP (KBR0133) keyboard, as well as an old
   Compaq keyboard wired to my box. The weird thing is that they
   tend to switch who gets to work. If the wireless doesn't work,
   the wired one works, and vice versa.

   I have no idea what's going on.

2) I followed this setup for my USB mouse (HP MUR0208):

   http://www.freebsddiary.org/usb-mouse.php

   But the strange thing is, sometimes the mouse works and
   sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't work, the HP Wireless
   Desktop Receiver 1.0A doesn't allow its light to appear when
   I press the shiny black button.

   Again, I have no idea what's going on.

Both have no problems in Windows XP.

--