disappeared options dialog when installing ports

wizlayer wizlayer at gmail.com
Wed May 11 03:57:14 PDT 2005

On Wednesday 11 May 2005 04:56 am, Carsten Fuchs wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a (simple) question about installing from the ports
> coll. The 1st time I issued `make install`in
> /usr/ports/www/firefox it showed a configuration menu where I
> could select things like xfs. I disabled this xfs option. Now
> if I want to install Firefox again it won't show me this
> configuration dialog anymore. I tried `make deinstall` and
> `make reinstall`- that wouldn't help. I even tried to delete
> the firefox ports directory and did a cvsup - but that dialog
> didn't show up.
> How can I set these installation options once I already
> installed a port. Where are these options saved on the
> harddrive? Will I have to run the configure script by hand?
>
> I am quite new to FreeBSD, so if there's plenty of instructions
> concerning my little problem, just give me a direction to
> search.
>
> Thanks in advance!
> Carsten.

Here's a tip (and I don't have any knowledge of it being
documented in manuals, though I'm certain it's an oversight of my
own)...

Have a look at /var/db/ports

This is where your make configurations are stored so it won't ask
you everytime you go to upgrade (really nice to run your updates
and leave the office for the night without too many hangups).

So... you'll need to remove the /var/db/ports/firefox/options file
in order to see the options menu on your next make.

HTH,

WizLayer