disappeared options dialog when installing ports

Carsten Fuchs crstn_fuchs at yahoo.de
Wed May 11 02:01:34 PDT 2005

Hi,
I have a (simple) question about installing from the ports coll. The
1st time I issued `make install`in /usr/ports/www/firefox it showed a
configuration menu where I could select things like xfs. I disabled
this xfs option. Now if I want to install Firefox again it won't show
me this configuration dialog anymore. I tried `make deinstall` and
`make reinstall`- that wouldn't help. I even tried to delete the
firefox ports directory and did a cvsup - but that dialog didn't show
up.
How can I set these installation options once I already installed a
port. Where are these options saved on the harddrive? Will I have to
run the configure script by hand?

I am quite new to FreeBSD, so if there's plenty of instructions
concerning my little problem, just give me a direction to search.

Thanks in advance!
Carsten.