Cdce Patch

Clifton Royston cliftonr at tikitechnologies.com
Tue May 10 23:53:26 PDT 2005

On Wed, May 11, 2005 at 02:29:02PM +0800, Zhiliang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Could anyone enlightten me on how to apply a patch to a port? i
> recently installed the port "cdce" and encountered "cdce0: could not
> find data bulk in". there's a patch available fo this,
> "patch-if_cdce.c", bu t i have no idea how to apply it.

If it happens to be named beginning with "patch-", then simply putting
it in the files subdirectory of the port in question usually does the
job.

The ports makefile system has code for automatically applying any
patch- files found in the files directory.

  -- Clifton

          Clifton Royston  --  cliftonr at tikitechnologies.com
         Tiki Technologies Lead Programmer/Software Architect
"I'm gonna tell my son to grow up pretty as the grass is green
And whip-smart as the English Channel's wide..."
                                            -- 'Whip-Smart', Liz Phair