A beautiful dmesg! Maybe one day?

Joel rees at ddcom.co.jp
Tue May 10 18:51:47 PDT 2005

On Tue, 10 May 2005 13:18:36 -0500
"Fafa Hafiz Krantz" <fteg at london.com> wrote

> I like to appreciate.
> And it's easier to appreciate something that is CORRECT.

. . .

> real memory  = 100663296 (96 MB)
> avail memory = 93036544 (88 MB)
>
> Looks like it's been written by some Linux geek.

Or maybe even a BSD geek. You have a problem with that?

> Real memory  = 100663296 (96 MB)
> Available memory = 93036544 (88 MB)

Looks like it's been written by a sophomore liberal arts major.

> [...]
> > In short, I think you should find some other way to pretty up your FreeBSD
> > boot.  As suggested earlier, try "man splash".
>
> Again, I want it to look correct.

Rick said it already, if you like it to look like that, dig into the
code, fix it on your machine.

Submit the patches if you want to, but don't take it too hard if the
patches are rejected. Rules change according to context, and FreeBSD is
not sophomore English class. If the dmesg were an advertisement aimed
for the general public, those capitalization rules might apply, but then
again there may be good reason they would not apply even then.

--
Joel Rees   <rees at ddcom.co.jp>
digitcom, inc.   株式会社デジコム