cups problem

andy at neu.net andy at neu.net
Tue May 10 14:30:04 PDT 2005

I recently upgraded from 5.3 to 5.4 release, and I just noticed CUPS is
not working properly.  It is running as a proess:

 ps -aux|grep cups
root   410  0.0  0.6  4792  3216  ??  Ss    5:18PM   0:00.01
/usr/local/sbin/cupsd

but when I try to login thru the web interface I get a dialog box saying
"connection refused" when attempting to contact localhost:631.

The manual is not helpful regarding this problem.  I have stopped the
daemon, and deinstalled/reinstalled the software but it has not fixed the
problem.  How do I go about diagnosing/fixing the problem?  Any help is
appreciated.

TIA,

Andy