building FreeBSD distro

mats.lindberg at se.transport.bombardier.com mats.lindberg at se.transport.bombardier.com
Tue May 10 06:47:13 PDT 2005

Hi,

I need to make some minor modifications to the FreeBSD-5.4 release
 - changing some config files (e.g. /etc/hosts /etc/rc)
 - editing the kernel conf-file and recompile/install  the kernel
and then make a new personal set of installation CD's
Which is the smartest way to go about it?
Do I need to use the /usr/src "make build" and /usr/release "make release"
scheme?
If so can I use the 5.4 distro CD's as the CVS repository somehow? Or do I
really need the cvs checkout via internet - I'm having problems with this
(company rules conc internet access).
If not so how do I do?

Mats

This e-mail communication (and any attachment/s) may contain confidential
or privileged information and is intended only for the individual(s) or
entity named above and to others who have been specifically authorized to
receive it. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read,
copy, use or disclose the contents of this communication to others. Please
notify the sender that you have received this e-mail in error by reply
e-mail, and delete the e-mail subsequently.
Thank you.

Ce message (ainsi que le(s) fichier/s), transmis par courriel, peut
contenir des renseignements confidentiels ou protégés et est destiné à
l’usage exclusif du destinataire ci-dessus. Toute autre personne est par
les présentes avisée qu’il est strictement interdit de le diffuser, le
distribuer ou le reproduire. Si vous l’avez reçu par inadvertance, veuillez
nous en aviser et détruire ce message.
Merci.