How to upgrade FreeBSD release

Simon Striker simon at schtriker.net
Tue May 10 03:54:45 PDT 2005

Hi!

I am pretty newby to FreeBSD and I have one question. I have some Linux
(Slackware) servers and I intend to reinstall them with FreeBSD.

When I will have to upgrade something on them, I will do that with portupgrade.
But when yesterday FreeBSD 5.4 released I wondered how could I upgrade to newer
release?

If for instance one day I will administrate 30 servers, will I have to reinstall
them all with new release or is there any other way to upgrade to newer release?

I would like to hear about your experiences with server administration.

Thanks in advance for any response or piece of advice!

Best regards,

Simon
--
Simon Striker