mozilla

Gert Cuykens gert.cuykens at gmail.com
Mon May 9 16:12:18 PDT 2005

On 5/10/05, Alex Zbyslaw <xfb52 at dial.pipex.com> wrote:

> > but i removed it properly, it just puts it back every time i try to
> > install mozilla.
>
> If mozilla was deinstalled correctly then the duplicate files in
> /usr/X11R6/lib/mozilla/./components/ would not be there.  You haven't said what you actually did to uninstall mozilla, but I saw no mention of "make deinstall" or "pkg_delete" or "portupgrade -f".  What does "pkg_info -I mozilla\*" show?
>
> I don't know portmanager, but neither make clean nor cvsup have anything to do with deinstalling ports.
>
> I've installed and deinstalled mozilla about five times in the last few weeks trying out various patches, and I know that correct deinstallation will remove the files that cpio is complaining about.  The files are not gone on your machine, ergo mozilla was not deinstalled correctly.  Why that happened, there is just too little information to say.
>
> --Alex

wel i removed mozilla with a bit of pkg-delete forcing :) anyway why
doesnt the make file overwrite it ? And why cant it tell me this
before the realy realy long building process? It drives me nuts too
know mozilla works but wont register it every time i try.

 FX-53R find / -name mozilla
/usr/ports/www/mozilla
FX-53R

See no mozilla anywhere