5.3 sendmail delayed delivery from cron

Viren Patel virenp at mail.utexas.edu
Mon May 9 08:22:59 PDT 2005

Hello. We have a FreeBSD 5.3 box with stock sendmail
running in delivery only mode (sendmail="NO"). When a cron
job generates output, the delivery of that message to
external address is delayed by one day. Nothing obvious is
in the maillog. The system can resolve hostnames and MX
records. The proper aliases are in /etc/aliases,
/usr/bin/newaliases has been run, sendmail has been
restarted. Anything else/obvious I may be overlooking?
Message from non-cron script or command line (e.g. mailx
-s 'test' external_address < file) gets delivered
immediately. Thanks.

--
Viren Patel
Chem. & Biochem.