Kernel panic on keyboard-interaction with rc.local and ACPI

Fabian Anklam greatnorthern at gmail.com
Mon May 9 01:05:57 PDT 2005

On 5/6/05, Allan Bowhill <allanb at u.washington.edu> wrote:
> My apologies in advance for the length of this email.
>
> I recently updated my 5.4 system after security notices, and I'm getting a
> kernel panic when I interact on the keyboard with a rc.local script.
>
> Disabling ACPI makes the problem go away, but I am on a laptop so I think
> I want ACPI on.

This is probably not going to be of any help, but I experience the
same problem after upgrading to 5.4-Stable (RELENG-5) 4 days ago.

The system crashes with fatal trap 12 on keyboard presses during bootup and on
#shutdown now
Current process in the crash message is always 13 (irq1:atkbd0)

Just so you know you are not the only one. Can provide more info if needed.

Greetings, Fabian