A beautiful dmesg! Maybe one day?

Stephen McKay smckay at internode.on.net
Mon May 9 00:28:55 PDT 2005

On Friday, 6th May 2005, "Fafa Hafiz Krantz" wrote:

>We can't just forget about it and pray for it to go away.
>
>This is an aesthetic violation to FreeBSD's professional image,
>that is considered to be more important now than ever.

There is no "aesthetic violation" to forget about or pray over.

As you suggested, I compared these with diff, ignoring the gratuitous
spacing modification using "diff -b".

In the end, I don't think I can consider even one of your changes to
be an improvement.  The closest you came to a useful change was the
capitalisation of "Real memory", but that's hardly necessary, and
the accompanying change to the next line upsets the formatting.

In short, I think you should find some other way to pretty up your FreeBSD
boot.  As suggested earlier, try "man splash".

Stephen.

PS I can't see how this is relevant to arch@, so try it on questions@