PF RULES! But mine doesn't ...

Fafa Hafiz Krantz fteg at london.com
Sun May 8 03:22:27 PDT 2005

Hello.

My ruleset is all twisted.
Unless I disable the default deny policy, this is what happens:

*  My nameserver setup goes disfunctional.
*  My web, mail and fileserver goes disfunctional.
*  I cannot SSH and FTP into certain servers.
*  I cannot ping my IP from the outside.

Can anyone tell what's wrong?
And maybe also how I can simplify my ruleset?

int_if="ep0"
ext_if="lnc0"

#
set     block-policy drop

# *** Scrub incoming packets
#
scrub   in all

# *** NAT
#
nat     on $ext_if from $int_if:network to any -> ($ext_if)
rdr     on $int_if proto tcp from any to any \
        port 21 -> 127.0.0.1 port 8021

# *** Default deny policy
#
# block drop log all

# *** Pass loopback traffic
#
pass    quick on { lo0 $int_if }

# *** Outgoing
#
pass    out on $ext_if inet proto { tcp, udp, icmp } \
        from ($ext_if) to any keep state

# *** Bootstrap
#
pass    out on $ext_if inet proto udp \
        from any port 68 to any port 67 keep state

# *** DNS and NTP
#
pass    out on $ext_if inet proto udp \
        from ($ext_if) to any port { 53, 123 } keep state

# *** SSH, HTTP and Ident
#
pass    in on $ext_if inet proto tcp \
        from any to ($ext_if) port { 22, 80, 113 } flags S/SA keep state

# *** Active FTP
#
pass    in on $ext_if inet proto tcp \
        from port 20 to ($ext_if) user proxy flags S/SA keep state

Thank you so much.
Keep in touch!

--

Fafa Hafiz Krantz