WinTV and bktr

William Bloom wbloom at eldocomp.com
Sat May 7 19:58:36 PDT 2005

I've installed a WinTV PVR 150MCE card in my Dell 4550, which has been running
FreeBSD 5.3 for many months, and would like to try it with fxtv or gnomemeeting.
Since I'm using a custom kernel which was built without bktr support, I've added
the following to loader.conf (from a read of the bktr man page)...

   bktr_load="YES"
   iccbus_load="YES"
   iccbb="YES"

I already have smbus support in the kernel.

After I boot, kldstat shows all these modules are indeed loaded.  But dmesg
reports that no driver attached the WinTV.

The following is reported by pciconf -lv...

     none2 at pci2:1:0: class=0x040000 card=0x88010070 chip=0x00164444 rev=0x01
hdr=0x00
     vendor   = 'Conexant Inc (Was: Globespan, ICompression Inc)'
     device   = 'iTVC16/CX23416 MPEG Codec'
     class    = multimedia
     subclass = video

Conexant now owns brooktree technology, right?  What have I got wrong?  Could it
be that this WinTV card really doesn't use a brooktree chip that is one of those
supported by bktr?  If so and therefore this WinTV card isn't supported by bktr,
can anyone suggest which WinTV card -would- work?

Bill
--
William Bloom <wbloom at eldocomp.com> (602) 604-3100
Eldorado Computing, Inc.  5353 North 16th Street, Suite 400

-- CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE --

This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and entity to whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended addressee, nor authorized to receive for the intended addressee, you are hereby notified that you may not use, copy, disclose or distribute to anyone the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received this message in error, please immediately advise the sender by reply email, and delete the message. Thank you.