Mailinglist privacy: MY NAME ALL OVER GOOGLE!

Alex de Kruijff freebsd at akruijff.dds.nl
Fri May 6 17:49:33 PDT 2005

On Fri, May 06, 2005 at 05:13:16PM +0200, Marc Fonvieille wrote:
> On Fri, May 06, 2005 at 01:06:48PM +0200, Anthony Atkielski wrote:
> > Giorgos Keramidas writes:
> >
> > > This is a recurring theme.  It's really *NOT* the fault of the
> > > postmaster of FreeBSD.org that you posted to public mailing lists.
> >
> > It _is_ the fault of the mailing list manager that posts are being
> > archived without the permission of mailing-list members.  Members must
> > be required to explicitly grant permission when they subscribe.
> >
> > > The Handbook section about mailing lists[1] says:
> >
> > What the Handbook says is irrelevant, because nobody is required to read
> > it in order to subscribe to a list.

> points on
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/eresources.html#ERESOURCES-MAIL

That true and this would be a fine argument if this where the only way
to get the list adress. This isn't the case. Now it the warning you
get, afther you get before you are realy on the list, would point to
this stating it got the conditions then this would be a compelling
argument.

--
Alex

Please copy the original recipients, otherwise I may not read your reply.
WWW: http://www.kruijff.org/alex/FreeBSD/