Plextor PX-716a supported by burncd ?

Roland Smith rsmith at xs4all.nl
Fri May 6 07:25:38 PDT 2005

On Fri, May 06, 2005 at 07:23:02PM +0600, Ilia Chipitsine wrote:
> Dear Sirs,
>
> I'm having problems with making that device work (FreeBSD-5.3R) with
> burncd. Is it unsupported or am I doing something wrong ?

Could you be more specific that "problems"? For instance, do you have
sufficient access to the device node? What does burncd report.

If burncd doesn't work, have you tried cdrecord from ports? If you want
to use cdrecord, add the following devices to your kernel (or load the
appropriate modules):

device          atapicam        # Emulate ATAPI devices as SCSI via CAM
                                # Requires scbus and pass
device          scbus           # SCSI bus (required for SCSI)
device          cd              # Compact Disc
device          da              # Direct Access (disks)
device          pass            # Passthrough device

See my freebsd page for setup tips on this configuration:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~rsmith/freebsd/

AFAIK, you need dvd+rw-tools to record DVDs.

Roland
--
R.F. Smith                           /"\    ASCII Ribbon Campaign
r s m i t h @ x s 4 a l l . n l      \ /    No HTML/RTF in e-mail