Running out of memory

Clifton Royston cliftonr at tikitechnologies.com
Thu May 5 14:39:07 PDT 2005

On Thu, May 05, 2005 at 04:08:00PM -0500, Jacob S wrote:
> This server's hosting about 250 websites - the majority being poorly
> written php, and incoming e-mail for those domains. It has cPanel
> installed, so incoming e-mail goes through exim, spamassassin and
> clamav, but outgoing uses qmail and qmqp to let another server do the
> hard(er) delivery work.

  If you aren't limiting queue concurrency to a fairly modest value, I
would suspect SpamAssassin is consuming most of the RAM. (And CPU.)  SA
is a pig.  I would hate it if it didn't do such a useful job. :-)

  -- Clifton

          Clifton Royston  --  cliftonr at tikitechnologies.com
         Tiki Technologies Lead Programmer/Software Architect
"I'm gonna tell my son to grow up pretty as the grass is green
And whip-smart as the English Channel's wide..."
                                            -- 'Whip-Smart', Liz Phair