developer list in FreeBSD source tree

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Thu May 5 11:09:33 PDT 2005

On 2005-05-05 17:37, Chuck Robey <chuckr at chuckr.org> wrote:
>Omer Faruk Sen wrote:
>>There was a file in FreeBSD source tree that shows who is responsible
>>for related driver or program. I couldn't remeber it so I decided to
>>mail it to here. Can someone point me to the right document in /usr/src?
>
> There might have been such a thing in the past, but the best (and most
> reliable) method of determining responsibility is to check with 'cvs
> log' on the files in question, and find out who's been doing the
> committing.  That's a darn reliable method.

There is still /usr/src/MAINTAINERS.  I usually search there *and* use a
pair of local scripts that consult the cvs logs and print statistics:

% orion:/d/src/bin/sh$ logmost | head -5
% Rank  Commits  Percent  Name
%    1      516   24.90%  peter
%    2      232   11.20%  tjr
%    3      223   10.76%  cracauer