gnumeric portupgrade fails (libgnomedb)

Marco Beishuizen marco at beishuizen.info
Thu May 5 08:58:00 PDT 2005

On stardate Thu, 5 May 2005, the wise Andrew L. Gould entered:

>>> CONFIGURE_ARGS for the gnumeric port includes "--with-gnome-db".
>>> Perhaps you could try doing make without gnome-db ("make
>>> --without-gnome-db"?) and then do portupgrade.
>>
>> I'll try but if that argument is in the configure, doesn't that
>> imply that Gnumeric needs it?
>
> I think that the fact that it's a configuration argument implies that
> it's optional.  (If it wasn't optional, why would the option be
> available.)  The question that remains would be whether there are
> features of gnumeric that you use that require gnome-db.

Well I tried to change some options in the makefile but no matter what I
try (--without-gnome-db; --without-gnomedb; --without-libgnomedb) it wants
to compile libgnomedb and it stops with the same error. I also tried a
"make install --without-gnome-db" etc. in the /usr/ports/math/gnumeric
directly, instead of portupgrading it. But that doesn't work either because
it says: make: illegal option -- -. Does this mean that only "--with" is
legal and "--without" is not?

Marco
--
I'm going to live forever, or die trying!
 		-- Spider Robinson