How should I divvy up my HDDs? Suggestions Please.

freebsd.org at donnacha.com freebsd.org at donnacha.com
Thu May 5 08:42:46 PDT 2005

Hi Harald, thanks.

GPT sounds great but the quick search I did turned up a lot of
references to 64-bit chips i.e. FreeBSD.org said "The GPT partitioning
scheme was introduced with the ia64 architecture as an MBR replacement".

Can GPT be also be used on 32-bit chips?  My server has a single P4 2.8
533FSB.

Also, is it easy to implement and commonly know about?  I ask because I
won't be the one doing the initial installation.

Thanks,

Donnacha