gnumeric portupgrade fails (libgnomedb)

Marco Beishuizen marco at beishuizen.info
Thu May 5 08:14:11 PDT 2005

On stardate Thu, 5 May 2005, the wise Andrew L. Gould entered:

> Hi Marco,
>
> Do you need gnome-db?  (Better yet, have you seen **any** documentation
> as how to use gnome-db from within gnumeric?)

I don't think so. I thought Gnumeric needed it, it's installed as a
dependency. Other gnome applications may also need it I guess.

> CONFIGURE_ARGS for the gnumeric port includes "--with-gnome-db".
> Perhaps you could try doing make without gnome-db ("make
> --without-gnome-db"?) and then do portupgrade.

I'll try but if that argument is in the configure, doesn't that
imply that Gnumeric needs it?

Thanks,
Marco

--
When I was a kid I said to my father one afternoon, "Daddy, will you
take me to the zoo?" He answered, "If the zoo wants you let them come