5 day lockup on Densitron

Richard J. Valenta RJV at WEBLINKMO.COM
Thu May 5 07:56:39 PDT 2005

Hello all, I'm new to this list, but have been a part of the alpha list
for some time - I hope I picked the right list for my questions.

At work we had a machine which had in it a 200mhz pentium - the machine
was an all-in-one flat panel made by a company named Densitron for
industrial use.  On one side of it was a the flat/touch panel, and the
idea was that it was a complete machine that could be installed into a
wall - how cool is that?

So when we needed to upgrade, I got my hands on it, and thought it would
make a cool firewall to install into the wall of phone/ethernet panel in
my basement.  I installed two ISA 3com cards and FreeBSD 5.3, everything
seemed to work fine, but just to be safe I left it to run for a while.
I came back a few days later and it had locked up...

So I restarted it, and logged in as root, ran top - and let it go for a
few days.  Alsways a lockup, I've now done this a few times and it seems
to happen at 5 days, 1 hour and roughly 40 minutes.  Without fail, after
5 days I'll come downstairs and find it locked up at 5 days, 1 hour,
etc...

I'm at a loss as to why, I'm no expert with the crontab, so maybe I'm
missing something.  But I'm looking for ideas, thanks.

Richard