FreeBSD Installation Horror

Sebastian Reichelt SebastianR at gmx.de
Thu May 5 06:56:28 PDT 2005

Now I got the CD from someone else, and finally the installation went
well. It would still have been nice if all the things I described had
just worked. I was able to install Debian without any problems, even
though I didn't have any Unix experience at all. Compared to that, the
FreeBSD installation should have been a piece of cake for me now. If I
have to spend several days on it, I think a normal computer would give
up without getting very far.

Anyway, trying to establish a PPP connection still crashes the entire
system. Actually, it's probably the serial port driver: It also crashes
when I just do:
echo "Hello" >/dev/cuaa0
Any ideas?

--