FreeBsd : Abit AV-20 Unichrome & XFree

nospamme_vizion at ixpres.com nospamme_vizion at ixpres.com
Wed May 4 11:48:36 PDT 2005

I am returning to FreeBsd after an absense of years nd find myself trying
to remember how to ride this "bike" with all its new bells & whistles.

I have an Abit AV-20 M/B that has an integrated Unichrome Pro Graphics
with 2D/3D video controller. I am trying to install XFree onto FreeBSD 5.3
and am having trouble getting X11R6.4.5. to work. It seems I need a driver
and noticed that in a discussion on the topic:
         FreeBSD 5.3 NVIDIA-1.0.7174 GLX extension problem
Twas said by Randy Dawson:
---------
> The new driver (March 31, 2005 release:
> NVIDIA-FreeBSD-x86-1.0-7174.tar.gz)
> downloaded from Nvidia's site works great in 5.3.
> you have to sysinstall and install the kernel sources for its make to
> work,
> or you will get this error:
> cant find:
> /usr/share/mk/bsd.kmod.mk
> Remember to update your /etc/X11/xorg.conf to change the driver "nv" to
> "nvidia"
----------
I wondered if there is a similar driver for the Unichrome. Also some more
detailed instructions for the sequence of commands needed to successfully
add new drivers and carry out the sysinstall would be much appreciated.

Thanks
David

David Southwell              Ham call sign M0TAU
   ****Remove  nospamme_ from reply to ******
English Owner & Captain of British Registered 60' bluewater Ketch S/V
Taurus. Currently in San Diego, CA. Sailing May bound for Europe via
Panama Canal.