The FreeBSD Handbook, in Wiki form.

MikeM zlists at mgm51.com
Wed May 4 06:42:17 PDT 2005

On 5/3/2005 at 5:29 PM Benjamin Keating wrote:

|A wiki would eliminate that bottle neck (PR).
|Some parts are out of date. Others fail to mention FAQ , etc. that
|could really help. For instance, the NAT/DHCP articles could easily
|include a 'typical home user' HOWTO rather then tricking the user into
|reading that one line where it says you have to recompile your kernel
|with IPFIREWALL support.
|
|Things like that bring noise to this mailing list. Idon't know about
|you but I'd rather just add my new found info to the site rather find
|a PR addy, submit it and wait for it to be added. We have software
|that does this now. Lets use it! :)

When I found a spot in the Handbook that was a bit sparce, I send in an
email describing what I was looking for, what I found, and what i expected
to find.  The Handbook was updated within a few days, and the update was
much better than what I could have written.

Maybe a wiki would supplement the Handbook, rather than replace it.