Freebsd 4.11 cannot install

Mrad James Deane xtremejames183 at msn.com
Tue May 3 09:23:33 PDT 2005

hello i'm tryin to install freebsd 4.11 without succes.
After configuring my kernel and starting to sysinstall the systems stops
while detecting hardware in this section (this is the default message shown)

ad0:Read commad timeout tag=0 serv=0 -resseting
ata0: resetting devices.

i don't know what to do to solve the problem , i know that the problem come
from my hard drive because i have done several operation on it (partitions,
ntfs/linux format) but i'm really in trouble i have
succesfully instaledl freebsd 5.2 and 5.3 release with another partition
that handle winxp .
please help ,
thanks
James Snipes